Thursday, March 25, 2010

Let's begin

As many of you know I love beer. Not just any beer, but finely crafted American beer, imports and home brews. This blog is going to attempt to explain to everyone my love of beer. I also hope to educate (not that I know what I am talking about) any of you readers out there about how great beer can be. With the new information, hopefully you will be encouraged to take a chance and purchase one of those so-called "weird" beers the next time you are at the store.

With that said, here is my brief history within the world of beer. I began, like almost everyone I know either drinking Coors Light, Bud Light, or anything else we could get our hands on. This satiated my thirst for many years. Then around 2-3 years ago I finally saw the light and began to dabble in the world of craft beer. Over the past years I have searched out finer establishments which carry craft beers, I have been to multiple breweries (some of them 450 miles away), and I have also started home brewing. I can't take all the credit for the home brewing, this project/hobby/obsession is something that I share with my roommate. He will remain nameless until I get his written consent.

My goal is to use this blog as way to update my friends, family and anyone else out there who might give a shit about:
  • All home brewing activities, including new recipes, new equipment, our process of home brewing and obviously, drinking the home brew.
  • Any events that I may be attending and that you may want to attend as well. Whether it is a beer festival, a tasting at a restaurant or bar or even just a trip to the local watering hole.
  • Also keep everyone up to speed on any new beers that are out on the market and offer suggestions, if you trust me.
This is going to be a work in progress, so any comments or questions will be greatly appreciated. In know way do I consider myself an expert, but rather someone who likes to drink and talk about great beer, so I hope you all enjoy.

1 comment: